Easi Movers Ltd Terms and Conditions
These conditions set out the terms of the contract between Easi Movers Ltd (“the Contractor”) and you (“the Customer”) and explain your rights and obligations and responsibilities and those of the Contractor. These terms and conditions form the basis of the contract between us, the move team and you the customer. It defines and sets out the rights, obligations, and responsibilities of both you and us under this contract. It is a legally binding contract and so it is important that both parties know where they stand
- 1.1 Although we may quote a fixed price we reserve the right to amend it or make additional charges if any of the following have not been considered when preparing the quotation:
- 1.1.1 The stairs, lifts or doorways are inadequate for free movement of the goods without mechanical equipment or structural alteration, or the approach, road or drive is unsuitable for our vehicles and/or containers to load and/or unload within 20 metres of the doorway.
- 1.1.2 There are delays outside our reasonable control in which event we will make additional charges calculated in accordance with our standard rates applicable at the time.
- 1.1.3 Any parking or other fees or charges that we must incur and pay in order to carry out the services you require. In all these circumstances, you will be responsible for the extra charges
- 1.1.4 Our quotation is not a guarantee that we have vehicles available on the day you require. Accordingly, your signed acceptance of our quotation does not constitute a contract between us until you have our written confirmation that we can move your Goods on your required date. We will send our written confirmation within one working day of our receipt of your acceptance of our quotation.
Unless previously agreed in writing we will not:
- 2.1 Dismantle or assemble unit-furniture (flat-pack), fittings or fitments
- 2.2 Disconnect or reconnect appliances, fittings or equipment.
- 2.3 Remove or lay fitted floor coverings.
- 2.4 Take down or re-hang curtains, blinds or other window coverings.
- 2.5 Move night storage heaters unless they are dismantled.
- 2.6 Move or store any items that are excluded in Clause 3
- 2.7 Move any item or items which our removal crew reasonably believe they cannot move safely or the removal of which may damage the item or items in question or its or their surroundings
- 2.8 Clear driveways or other access areas (at either collection or delivery address) from snow or ice or other materials.
The following items are specifically excluded from this contract and will not be removed:
- 3.1 Jewellery, watches, trinkets, precious stones, money, deeds, securities, stamps, coins, or goods or collections of a similar kind.
- 3.2 Potentially dangerous, damaging or explosive items.
- 3.3 Goods likely to encourage vermin or other pests or to cause infection.
- 3.4 Refrigerated or frozen food or drink.
- 3.5 Any animals and their cages or tanks including pets, birds or fish.
- 3.6 Cars, boats and caravans.
- 3.7 Furs, perfumery, wines, spirits, tobacco, cigars, cigarettes, foodstuffs, perishable goods or any kind of explosives.
- Such goods will not be removed by us except without prior written agreement. If you submit such goods without our knowledge and prior written agreement we will not be liable for any loss or damage except when death or injury is caused by our negligence or that of our employees or agents and you will indemnify us against any charges, expenses, damages or penalties claimed against us by third parties. In addition we shall be entitled to dispose of (without notice) any such goods which are listed under paragraphs 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, & 3.7.
- 3.8 Breakage of owner packed property unless the box or container shows signs of external damage
It is your sole responsibility to:
- 4.1 Declare to us the proper value of the Goods.
- 4.2 Obtain at your expense all documents necessary for the removal to be completed.
- 4.3 Be present yourself or appoint a representative at the departure and destination points to ensure that nothing is removed or left in error or is left in the wrong room.
- 4.4 Prepare adequately and stabilise all appliances prior to their removal.
Other than by reason of our negligence we will not be liable for any loss or damage, costs or additional charges that may arise from any of these matters.
By entering into this contract you confirm to us that:
- 5.1 The Goods are your own property; or
- 5.2 You have the authority of the owner of the property to make this contract in respect of the Goods. You will be responsible to pay for any claim for damages and/or costs against either of the above if this proves to be untrue.
- 6.1 If you postpone or cancel your removal appointment up to 24 hours before the booking time, you won’t have to pay any charges.
- 6.2 If you postpone or cancel within the 24 hours before booking time, you will be liable of paying for one hour of the service booked and for larger jobs, you will be charged the value of your deposit.
- 6.3 We reserve the right to cancel or change dates and times.
7. Our liability for loss or damage
- 7.1 Restricted liability
- 7.1.1 If you do not provide us with a declaration of value of your goods or you do not require us to accept
Regular Liability pursuant to clause 8.2 below, then in the event that we lose or damage your goods through our negligence or our breach of contract, we will pay you up to a maximum of £40.00 sterling for each item which is lost or damaged, to cover the cost of repairing or replacing that item. In this respect an item is defined as any one article, suite, pair, set, complete case, package, carton or other container.
- 7.1.2 We may choose to repair or replace the damaged or lost item. However if we choose the repair the item we will not be liable for any depreciation in value.
- 7.1.3 Other than because of our negligence, we will not be liable for any loss, damage or failure to deliver the goods if it is caused by any of the following circumstances:
- 7.1.4 Fire howsoever caused.
- 7.1.5 War, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war is declared or not), civil war, terrorism, rebellion and/or military coup, act of God, industrial action or other such events outside our reasonable control.
- 7.1.6 Normal wear and tear, natural or gradual deterioration, leakage or evaporation or from perishable or unstable goods. This includes goods left within furniture or appliances.
- 7.1.7 Cleaning, repairing or restoring unless we did the work.
- 7.1.8 Moth or vermin or similar infestation.
- 7.1.9 Electrical or mechanical derangement to any appliance, instrument or equipment unless there is evidence of external impact.
- 7.1.10 Additionally we will not be liable for any loss of or damage to:
- 7.1.11 Any goods in wardrobes, drawers or appliances, or in a package, bundle, case or other container not both packed and unpacked by us.
- 7.1.12 Jewellery, watches, trinkets, precious stones or metals, money, deeds, securities, stamps, coins, or goods or collections of a similar kind, unless you have previously given us full information including value, and we have confirmed in writing that we will accept responsibility
- 7.1.13 Goods which have a relevant proven defect or are inherently defective.
- 7.1.14 Animals and their cages or tanks including pets, birds or fish.
- 7.1.15 Plants.
- 7.1.16 Refrigerated or frozen food or drink.
- 7.1.17 Other than because of our negligence, we will not be liable for damages or costs resulting indirectly from, or as a consequence of loss, damage, or failure to deliver the goods.
- 8.1.1 If you provide us with a declaration of the value of your goods and you agree to pay an additional charge the amount of our liability to you will be as follows:
- 220.127.116.11 In the event of loss or damage caused by our negligence or breach of contract, our liability to you will be assessed as a sum equivalent to the cost of their repair or replacement, taking into account the age and condition of the goods immediately prior to their loss or damage but subject to a maximum liability of £100,000 (unless we have agreed a higher amount with you).
- 8.2.1. Where the lost or damaged item is part of a pair or a set, our liability to you, where it is assessed to be the cost of replacement of that item, it is to be assessed as a sum equivalent to the cost of that item in isolation, not the cost of that item as part of a pair or set.
- 8.3 Any liability under clause 9.1 or 9.2 above is expressly subject to all or any other applicable exclusions set out elsewhere in this agreement
- 8.4 Excess.
- 8.4.1 Excess of £250 is payable for each claim unless other arrangements are made in written prior to the moving date.
- 8.5 No liability cover is given if the Quotation Acceptance Form is not returned prior to removal
- 9.1 Unless we give a specifically agreed written timescale then arrival and departure times are an estimate only.
- 9.2 Delays to pick-up/delivery times are sometimes unavoidable (due to traffic accidents, weather etc). We do not accept any responsibility for any customer loses due to unforeseen or out of our control delivery/pick-up delays.
We shall only be liable for damage to premises caused by our negligence. Any damages to premises must be noted on the delivery receipt and confirmed in writing to us within seven days unless you request a reasonable extension which we agree in writing.
We have a legal right to withhold or (subject to complying with the notice procedure in condition 15.6) ultimately dispose of some or all of the goods until you have paid all our charges and other payments due under this contract. These include any charges that we have paid out on your behalf. While we hold the goods and wait for payment you will be liable to pay all storage charges and other costs incurred as a result of our withholding your goods and these terms and conditions will continue to apply.
- 13.1 Providing parking is the responsibility of the customer, if there are restrictions such as: yellow lines, red routes, residents only etc the customer must provide a permit from the local council.
- 13.2 If there is no parking pre-arranged any parking fines received will be the responsibility of the customer and must be paid by the customer on completion, however we will not park illegally and the driver may have to leave if legal parking is not provided.
14.1 There will be an extra charge of £10 when passing through the London Congestion Charge Zone, other congestion charge zones and tolls will be charged accordingly. (Unless otherwise stated)
- 15.1 We reserve the right to sub-contract some or all of the work for which we have provided a quotation without reference to you.
- 15.2 If we sub-contract these conditions will still apply in full.
All goods are insured in our vehicles for up to £15,000 and we are not liable for the first £100.00 per claim. It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure extra insurance is arranged if required.
These Terms and Conditions together with our quotation are intended to form the whole agreement between us and to prevail over any verbal discussions. Should we mutually agree to any variation of these terms such variation should be confirmed in writing. Any variation however agreed shall never invalidate the remainder of these Terms and Conditions.
Easi Movers Ltd
Registered in England and Wales No. 10797126
2 Woodberry grove